Lync (OCS) Manager
Lync/OCS Delegated Management and Self-Service
EmpowerID Lync Manager automates and simplifies the complex process of provisioning, managing and auditing Microsoft Lync/OCS users
and their settings. Lync Manager unifies the provisioning, delegated administration, and self-service of Lync/OCS users with a
shared console, Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) security model, and a set of workflows that also manage key enterprise systems.
These include Active Directory users and groups, LDAP users and groups, Exchange Mailboxes, computers, and even custom applications.
This centralized RBAC administration model eliminates the need to grant or manage native system permissions thereby reducing complexity and
the likelihood of human errors.
- Reduces costs by automating Lync/OCS provisioning and de-provisioning with consistent template-based settings
- Frees constrained technical resources from unneeded direct participation by securely delegating to users and privileged staff
- Eliminates complex permissions management and the need to delegate the native permissions required for technical and business users to perform management tasks
- Reduces risk with a Separation of Duties (SoD) policy engine that detects toxic permissions combinations and provides attestation and access reviews
- Increases responsiveness with workflow-based self-service
- Full management of Lync/OCS users in the same interface that manages users, groups, mailboxes, shared folders, roles, etc.
- Workflows with the ability to edit all core Lync/OCS user settings as well as workflow building blocks for customization and coverage of all aspects of Lync/OCS user management
- Manages the most complex Lync/OCS environments including those where Lync/OCS resides in separate Active Directory Forests including those in hosted instances
- Powerful security model supporting Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), Attribute-Based Access Control (ABAC), and Separation of Duties enforcement (SoD)
- Unique Rights-Based Approval Routing (RBAR) technology automatically routes requests for approval based on delegations
- Metadirectory and sync engine continuously inventories and monitors your Lync/OCS systems to discover new servers and changes in Lync/OCS user settings
- Automatically enable and disable features such as enterprise voice when a user’s role changes within an organization
- Fully programmable, allowing all Lync/OCS management actions to be exposed via a secure web services API that allows for the utilization of any PowerShell cmdlet as a secure action in workflows
- Rich audit trail of all activity meets the key requirements of corporate compliance and governance initiatives
- Load-balancing across pools is handled automatically using customizable rules
Call Toll Free:
EmpowerID provides solutions to assist organizations with the corporate governance of IT systems